- April 27, 2019 at 6:58 am #402581
Change your viewpoint or your composition, use leading lines to get a unique perspective ….
https://www.lightstalking.us/landscape-photos-perspective/ by Dzvonko Pertovski
- April 27, 2019 at 9:54 am #402594
(John) Adams’ Apple
- April 27, 2019 at 10:12 am #402596
Great shot! 🙂 Excellent use of perspective. And selective lighting.
- April 28, 2019 at 12:32 am #402656
Great shot, Click, I hope you enjoyed those bites and retrieving it to eat the rest!
- April 28, 2019 at 7:26 am #402671
Love it !
- April 28, 2019 at 3:38 pm #402713
Love it Click!
- April 29, 2019 at 5:02 am #402783
Wonderful shot! The apple really stands out thanks to the blue background.
- April 29, 2019 at 2:30 pm #402852
- April 30, 2019 at 12:18 pm #403032
Unique shot Click (like many of your images) and great title!
- April 30, 2019 at 10:10 pm #403199
Now that’s creative thinking! Well done.
- April 27, 2019 at 1:48 pm #402613
Here is a rather moody image that I captured this past winter. I blurred the edges to give it a more dreamlike feel. Michael
- April 28, 2019 at 7:28 am #402672
Dramatic – very nice Michael.
- April 30, 2019 at 3:25 pm #403130
- April 30, 2019 at 12:22 pm #403035
I like this a lot Michael. The lighting and composition are spot on and give me at least 2 possible stories. The trees can either be worshiping or attacking the tree in the middle (or maybe all this is just because my sinuses are acting up right now …)
- April 30, 2019 at 3:27 pm #403131
It never crossed my mind that trees were “worshiping or attacking” other trees Bobbie! I’ll have to think about that for a while, lol. I hope you feel better!
- April 30, 2019 at 10:12 pm #403202
Love the atmosphere in this shot Michael. Now I’ve read Bobbie’s words, I can’t not see the trees ganging up on the middle one 🙂
- April 27, 2019 at 2:59 pm #402617
I will work on this. It suggests a new (and very necessary) need for the tool called a “selfie” stick.
- April 27, 2019 at 5:07 pm #402627
- April 27, 2019 at 11:43 pm #402654
Just this week i discovered what i call a “padlock bridge” and played with trying to get the whole bridge in (and i did) but decided i liked this view better and it seems to fit the challenge this week. i love riding around and just discovering places.
- April 30, 2019 at 10:15 pm #403205
Lockwood and other manufacturers must love this craze. I bet sales have gone through the roof since it started. I believe they’ve been banned over here now because of the extra weight and stress they put on the bridge structures.
- April 28, 2019 at 12:33 am #402657
Nice one, Dorothy! “thumbs up”
- April 28, 2019 at 12:35 am #402658
Our son-in-law : a great actor for these occasions! 😀
- April 28, 2019 at 10:12 pm #402738
Very nice Misty!
- April 29, 2019 at 1:33 am #402758
Love that expression. What a wonderful son in law.
- April 30, 2019 at 12:23 pm #403037
Thanks – I’m smiling 🙂
- April 30, 2019 at 10:16 pm #403206
Funny as! His new nickname is ‘Hobbit’.
- May 2, 2019 at 10:05 am #403408
What a fun image to look at. Great job.
- April 28, 2019 at 3:02 am #402659
Billys Croc. Returned after confiscation by the Fashion Police with strict instructions that Crocs were never to be worn outside of Billy Towers. Being caught breaking this ruling would entail having headphones super glued to Billy’s ears and being forced to listen to Adele non stop for 24 hours. Needless to say the Crocs remain in the Billy closet.
- April 29, 2019 at 1:35 am #402760
🙂 billyspad, i actually like this, not sure why, just what most crocs look like with bits of stuff on them, probably from hiding out in the closet.
- April 29, 2019 at 3:20 am #402777
I am truly glad you like this shot Dorothy. I consider it one of my finest achievements catching my Croc in difficult lighting conditions but still retaining the mood that only silicone type shoes can portray. The bits of stuff and under bed fluff I felt had to be left making the story easier for the casual viewer to understand. A cleaned and polished Croc would have told a different story I am sure.
- April 29, 2019 at 3:44 pm #402860
Oh Billy – you make me laugh !!!
- April 30, 2019 at 12:52 am #402964
If I made you chuckle Elin I will consider my day to have been a success.
- May 1, 2019 at 12:51 pm #403320
billyspad, I want to thank you, not only for your very creative, challenging photography and your thoughtful critiques, but also for your great sense of humor!
- April 30, 2019 at 10:20 pm #403208
Snap! My crocs haven’t seen the light of day for some time now and they reside in the closet also. Funny how social pressure can influence one’s footwear choices. If it wasn’t for social media canning them, I’d wear them out to dinner 🙂
- May 1, 2019 at 12:48 am #403262
If I get to visit Oz we will defy convention and wear our Crocs with pride along with Union Jack shorts, football shirts and a knotted handkerchief on our heads just like two Brits on vacation. We shall of course be drunk and accompanied by two very white cellulite toting fat birds with tattoos on their legs and shoulders with another hideous inking peeking out of a huge bra doing its utmost to defy gravity and where the elastic straps have gone grey.
- April 28, 2019 at 3:34 am #402662
Different view of a dog? This is Inca, a mate’s dog snapped at a BBQ with the mobile but processed in PS.
- April 29, 2019 at 1:37 am #402761
Graham, he needs a pet or a treat. love the face. i love the b&w treatment. actually, can i just give him a hug.
- April 30, 2019 at 10:09 pm #403198
Hi Dorothy, he was a very shy dog and nothing I could do would get him to look directly at me when I lifted my mobile up to snap him. He had hidden under a table and I had to crawl under there with him for this shot. In the end I love the shot because it’s a different view to what we normally see with dogs.
- April 28, 2019 at 4:41 am #402663
Mrs Billy’s dancing pumps.
- April 30, 2019 at 10:22 pm #403210
Together with your crocs pic, this is like ‘Beauty and the Beast’. Nice high key work Billy.
- April 28, 2019 at 6:57 am #402670
My best bud.
- April 28, 2019 at 3:40 pm #402714
- April 30, 2019 at 10:27 pm #403214
Interesting location Diane. Looks like some place leading into a subterranean cavern.
- April 28, 2019 at 3:51 pm #402715
Along came a spidey who sat down beside me
- April 28, 2019 at 10:07 pm #402736
Experimenting with mixed light in a bright barn…
- April 29, 2019 at 1:33 am #402757
Just an attempt at thought provoking perspective, but I’m not sure it amounted to anything worthwhile…
- April 30, 2019 at 10:30 pm #403217
Yeah, where’s the lolly pop man when you need one?
- April 29, 2019 at 1:35 am #402759
… and stairs leading to nowhere…
- April 29, 2019 at 5:11 am #402785
Old fortress in Smederevo, the city close to Belgrade in Serbia.
- April 30, 2019 at 12:26 pm #403038
very effective composition and angle Janeska. This could be a movie poster.
- April 30, 2019 at 5:38 pm #403139
Wonderful angle of view combined with great choice of focal length.
- April 30, 2019 at 10:33 pm #403219
Great steep perspective Jasenka. Really enhances the mood and character of the place. The silhouette makes it.
- May 1, 2019 at 1:46 am #403264
Wait! Is that ET? Great photo Jasenka.
- May 2, 2019 at 5:29 am #403397
Thanks everyone! @nikon-nut I know Oldfield’s Tubular Bells but I didn’t know it was used in a movie.
- May 2, 2019 at 10:33 am #403412
- April 29, 2019 at 9:10 am #402821
- April 30, 2019 at 12:29 pm #403039
Nice Kent. I like that you moved the focus to the photographers and the bridge leaving open the question: “What are they taking pictures of?”
- April 30, 2019 at 5:41 pm #403140
They’re obviously taking pictures of Kent. He wasn’t wearing pants that day. 🙂
- May 1, 2019 at 9:51 am #403300
😉 …. :O …. 🙂
- May 1, 2019 at 12:32 am #403260
Bobbie its a super market shopping trolley. You cant have a stretch of water without someones dumped a shopping cart in it.
- April 30, 2019 at 10:34 pm #403221
Now be truthful Kent, how long did it take you to hang all those red lanterns? 🙂
- May 1, 2019 at 9:50 am #403299
- April 29, 2019 at 2:14 pm #402847
- April 30, 2019 at 4:20 pm #403135
Fantastic Elin! Are you in possession of a drone???
- April 30, 2019 at 10:36 pm #403223
Remarkable quality and clarity Elin. It must be that air you guys breathe up there.
- May 1, 2019 at 7:32 pm #403361
Can´t complain Graham, cleanest and clearest air thinkable except when filled with volcanic ash or sand from Sahara brought by South-Easterly winds as it has been the last few days.
The clarity in the photo can partly be blamed on the Man on Mars trick in Photoshop, kindly pointed out to me by Rob Eyers – in fact Photoshop colour management on steroids. Can recommend it.
- May 1, 2019 at 1:52 am #403265
ElinL: Wow. looks like one got away. Definitely some kind of perspective! Sheep or cattle? This will sound odd but it looks like a lot of puffed rice from so high up. 🙂
- May 1, 2019 at 7:36 pm #403362
It was quite high – above allowed limits – but there were no planes or helicopters near by so I dared brake the rules. It is sheep – from the autumnal roundup in North Iceland last year.
I can´t see any animals outside the fence, except humans and maybe horses.
- May 3, 2019 at 2:43 am #403570
oops, i was referring to the second photo, thought the white dog was a sheep until i really zoomed in. didn’t mean to confuse. 🙂
- April 29, 2019 at 9:47 pm #402913
Power To The People
- April 30, 2019 at 12:54 am #402965
Power to the People https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFPnxKiGee4
- April 30, 2019 at 12:31 pm #403040
The perspective you chose and the dramatic clouds work to make a strong image, Graham.
- April 30, 2019 at 10:06 pm #403196
Thanks Bobbie. I seem to have a lot of ‘looking up’ perspectives in my library of images but this is one of my favourites.
- May 2, 2019 at 2:47 pm #403480
It looks like electricity is arcing to the clouds. Dandy shot Graham!
- May 3, 2019 at 3:56 pm #403611
Very cool Graham!
- April 29, 2019 at 11:55 pm #402957
- April 30, 2019 at 2:50 am #402979
Already posted in challenge #413 … Sorry
- May 1, 2019 at 1:56 am #403267
Andre: This is great. No need to be sorry that i know of.
- April 30, 2019 at 12:08 pm #403031
Newly sprouted Weed
- April 30, 2019 at 2:10 pm #403086
Have not been out and about with the camera for awhile so in the mean time….
Very similar to a shot previously posted. Difference being this one has railway cars and is B&W.
- May 1, 2019 at 2:00 am #403268
Dave: i love this. were the cars moving? all the curves fit together so well! and if you didn’t know (and everyone else as well) i love b&w. i find this one interesting because it gives a definite time past feeling.
- May 1, 2019 at 9:47 am #403298
Rail cars were stopped. I was asked to leave shortly after this shot was taken. Apparently I was trespassing on railroad property.
- May 1, 2019 at 10:44 am #403314
- May 2, 2019 at 2:44 pm #403479
I remember the other one you posted and must say, I prefer this one Dave. It gives me a mystical feel like there should be a creature emerging from the fog at the end of the road.
- May 4, 2019 at 10:22 am #403678
I like this one a bit better as well. I like the B&W treatment and the rail cars add another dimension. Thanks for the comment.
- April 30, 2019 at 2:31 pm #403126
- May 1, 2019 at 1:13 pm #403323
- May 1, 2019 at 1:15 pm #403325
- May 1, 2019 at 2:07 pm #403339
My Sense of humor is wearing thin.
Taken from the perspective of I am freezing my butt off this morning and its supposed to be spring.
- May 2, 2019 at 8:57 am #403404
Life in the mountains my friend. 🙂
- May 2, 2019 at 11:08 am #403417
But I’m not in the Mountains, I’m on the prairie, I used to live in the mountains and I expected this kind of silliness.
Guess I’m just getting to be a grumpy Old Man, cold doesn’t do arthritis any favors.
- May 2, 2019 at 10:12 am #403410
Ahhhh. Springtime in Wyoming. I remember it well.
- May 1, 2019 at 4:13 pm #403352
Wonderful Photos everyone , i feel i can learn a lot from each of you , i have done already so thanks guys.
Glad i registered .. Take it easy Folks.
- May 1, 2019 at 5:29 pm #403358
- May 2, 2019 at 8:56 am #403402
That is VERY interesting Holly. I love it!
- May 3, 2019 at 5:43 am #403579
- May 5, 2019 at 2:27 pm #403894
This reminds me a lot of Henri Cartier-Bresson’s book “The Decisive Moment” which had its covered designed by Henri Matisse:
- May 2, 2019 at 4:02 pm #403485
- May 2, 2019 at 6:53 pm #403505
Getting on her level…of chill
- May 3, 2019 at 3:22 pm #403608
Red baloon and blue sky…
- May 3, 2019 at 5:10 pm #403615
- May 3, 2019 at 5:20 pm #403616
- May 3, 2019 at 9:53 pm #403635
Looked up into a tree, then rotated the image degrees. Suddenly that curving branch became a hook, the main trunk grew the eyes of a monster, at least that’s what I see!
- May 6, 2019 at 5:45 am #404029
All clicks are very nice.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.